Kia's flagship SUV gets new X-Line and X-Pro variants for backcountry adventures
- New X-Line and X-Pro models offer additional robustness and performance
- Traction mode provides greater towing capacity, increased ground clearance, Continental all-terrain tires, raised roof rails and downhill brake control1
- Design enhancements accentuate its distinctly upscale and confident stance with new front and rear fascias, lighting and wheels
- Refreshed interior features a redesigned and more technologically advanced instrument panel and center console, featuring new dual 12.3-inch panoramic screens2Includes standard navigation
- Enhanced Convenience Technology Includes New Standard WiFi Hotspot and Optional Digital Key Support for Compatible iPhone, Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy Smartphones
- Larger multi-color head-up display
- first-class interior3
- Numerous standard advanced crash avoidance and safety assist features4Includes Highway Driving Assist 2 with semi-autonomous operation and automatic lane change technology
- Assembled at Kia's award-winning Georgia manufacturing facility alongside the K5, Sportage and Sorento
The all-new 2023 Kia Telluride debuts at the New York International Auto Show with a new design, more power and improved technology.
New York, April 13, 2022- Three years after its launch as one of America's most popular, award-winning three-row, eight-seat SUVs, the Kia Telluride returns in 2023 with a host of enhancements that build on the success of the original model. A new addition to the Kia family, the Telluride not only attracts more than 75 percent of buyers, but Telluride owners have the highest brand loyalty when returning to the market for a midsize SUV thanks to high customer satisfaction. different vehicles. Big, powerful, and capable, the Telluride is, as always, ready for a variety of adventures, from family off-road road trips to off-road trips with few boundaries.
The SUV, which has won the automotive awards "Triple Crown" and was recently awarded Best Resale Value by J.D. Improve safety and driver confidence. The Telluride, with class-leading passenger space, will go on sale in 2023 with two new trim levels: X-Line and X-Pro. These iterations exude a more resilient personality, with traits and abilities that allow Tellurides to explore new areas of the wilderness off the beaten track.
Designed for the USA
Developed exclusively for the US, Telluride was an eye-opener from the start. While maintaining its bold and refined stance, the Telluride has been exteriorly redesigned for the new model year, giving it a more robust and refined look:
- Improved vertical headlight design (standard LED) and available fog lights
- New bumper and grille
- Modified Tail Lights
- New rear apron and fairing
- Improved lower door panels/side skirts
- New wheel designs for every configuration
- Three new exterior colors
- mittnachtsee blau
- Morgan Rotter
- round gerholz green
As ever, the Telluride's interior conveys a sense of premium exploration in a spacious three-row, eight-passenger cabin with premium passenger space. Thoughtful new updates include:
- Curved seamless dual 12.3-inch displays - instrument cluster (available) and navigation
- Redesigned dashboard with improved fascia and HVAC vents
- redesigned steering wheel
- New color pack for the interior
Introduction: TTwo new adventure-ready trim levels: X-Line and X-Pro
The new Telluride comes in two new trim levels -- X-Line and X-Pro -- for Kia owners who want to get out of the norm now and then. Both 4WD models offer a host of exclusive upgrades and improvements compared to other Telluride trim levels. As shown below, the X-Pro models build on the X-Line models. Additionally, the X-Line model replaces the previous Telluride Nightfall version.
- Unique Grille Design
- bridge railing
- Door handles in body color
- Exclusive 20-inch wheels
- "X-Ray" - Badge
- "X-Line" engraved on the upper part of the front seat backrest
- Exclusive color pack
Chassis and performance
- Higher ground clearance (+10mm)
- Improved approach and departure angles
- Towing modes to optimize trailer performance (switch logic, sway control)
- Improved Traction Control System (TCS)
tellurideX-Pro (in addition to or instead of X-Line)feature）
- Exclusive Black 18-inch Wheels with 18-inch Off-Road Tires (Continental)
- "X-Pro" - Badge
- "X-Pro" engraved on the upper part of the front seat back
- 110 Volt Inverter Outlet (Cargo)
Chassis and performance
- Tow limit increased from 5,000 lbs to 5,500 lbs5
ifpowerfuland capable ifalways
The new Telluride continues to deliver a powerful and confident experience for driver and passenger. Major mechanical components remain virtually unchanged, giving the SUV a smooth ride and great performance:
- Atkinson Cycle LAMBDA II 3.8L V6 GDI engine, 291 hp at 6,000 rpm and 262 lb.-ft of torque at 5,200 rpm
- 8-speed automatic transmission
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- Monocoque shell made of 59.4% high-strength, high-performance steel for structural stability
- Available self-leveling rear suspension. Ride height automatically calibrates based on vehicle load to optimize control and stability
- Four driving modes are available – Intelligent, Eco, Sport and Comfort – each with different powertrain, powertrain and steering force mapping settings to deliver the desired driving experience. In addition to the four regular driving modes, four-wheel-drive vehicles allow the driver to select two different modes under certain driving conditions: "Snow" and "AWD Lock."
- Available active on-demand four-wheel drive6Actively distributes torque between the front and rear wheels based on road conditions and driver input, helping to improve drivability. The system uses an electro-hydraulic all-wheel drive clutch that precisely activates the multi-plate clutches to continuously redistribute power to the front and rear wheels. During normal driving, power is distributed according to the selected driving mode. In Eco and Comfort modes, up to 20 to 35 percent of the power can be sent to the rear wheels. In Sport, Smart and Snow modes, up to 50 percent of the power can be sent to the rear wheels. 'AWD Lock' mode distributes power evenly to all four wheels
- Standard towing capacity up to 5,000 lbs (X-Pro trim costs £5,500)5
- Added Downhill Brake Control (DBC)1Ensure controlled descent on steep roads
a new levelcomfort technology
Telluride 2023 has new technology features that make ownership even easier:
- Improved 12.3-inch navigation screen (enlarged from 10.3-inch)
- Optional full-screen mirrors with HomeLink capability (replaces standard rearview mirrors)
- Optional intelligent electric tailgate with "auto-close" function
kia connect7The service provides advanced embedded connectivity:
- Digital Key: Allows customers to use compatible iPhone, Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy smartphones as virtual car keys to lock, unlock and drive. Additionally, these keys can be shared with friends and family via text message on available devices
- In-car WLAN hotspot8Connect up to five devices to 4G LTE-based Internet
- Maps and infotainment over-the-air (OTA) updates: Automatically keep maps and infotainment systems up to date with the latest features for the best driving experience
- The Kia Access app is smartwatch compatible, allowing access to remote climate control, door lock/unlock and more with Apple Watch and Samsung Galaxy smartwatches9
- Ability to track and immobilize stolen vehicles
- Connected Routing: The server-based system calculates the best route using real-time and predictive traffic information based on previous information and artificial intelligence that already understands the user's preferred route.
- Smart speaker integration lets customers use Amazon Alexa10or Google Assistant11Enables smart speakers or devices to remotely control certain functions (such as remote start)
Technical highlights carried over from the previous model year include:
- Comes with 10 Harman/Kardon speakers12Audio system (AM/FM/SiriusXM).13）
- Apple CarPlay14
- android auto15
- Smartphones can be charged wirelessly16
- Up to six USB charging ports - two per row. Standard five ports (upgrade from Type A to Type C)
- Wireless multi-bluetooth connectionnumber 17Allows simultaneous connection of two phones for audio streaming
- Head-up display: Upgraded from 8.5 inches to 10 inches. Additional information makes this system particularly useful. Provides route planning navigation, speed, intelligent cruise control and blind spot alert (available)
- Driver Talk: Uses microphones to enhance communication with second and third row passengers
- Quiet Mode: Pauses the audio output for the second and third rows so that the audio selection of the front passenger is only heard in that row
- rear occupant warning18: Ultrasonic sensors that detect the movement of children or pets in the second and third rows when the doors are locked and then issue an audible warning to the driver
Advanced Advanced Driver Assistance Systemssuite
- As Kia's flagship SUV, the new Telluride is packed with technology to keep its occupants safe. Long list of ADAS4In 2023, the functionality will be expanded with several new functions, including two new standard systems (ISLA, FCA-JT):
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA): Speed limit sign recognition, warns the driver, and limits vehicle speed according to settings (standard)
- Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control - Curves (NSCC-C): Uses the navigation system to actively reduce vehicle speed before upcoming road curves (available)
- Highway Driving Assist 2 (HDA 2): A driver comfort system that maintains distance to vehicles ahead and lane position on the highway and provides assistance when changing lanes (available; HDA 1.5 is standard on Telluride)
- Forward Collision Avoidance - Junction Turn (FCA-JT): Detects oncoming vehicles turning left at a junction (intersection). If a collision is likely, the system applies the brakes to stop the vehicle (default).
- Forward Collision Avoidance - Intersection (FCA-JC): Detects crossing vehicles when traveling through an intersection. If a collision is likely, the system applies the brakes to stop the vehicle (available).
- Forward Collision Avoidance - Oncoming Lane Change (FCA-LO): Helps avoid collisions with oncoming vehicles when overtaking with steering input (available)
- Forward Collision Avoidance - Lane Change Side (FCA-LS): Helps prevent collisions with bicycles/vehicles in front of the car when changing lanes by providing steering input when available.
- Forward Collision Avoidance - Avoidance Steering Assist (FCA-ESA): Helps avoid collisions with obstacles/pedestrians/vehicles in front of the vehicle by providing steering pulses (available) when driving straight ahead.
Long List of Inherited Telluride ADAS4(Standard and available) systems include:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Forward Collision Avoidance Assist with Pedestrian Detection (FCA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Spurhall Tea Assistant (LKA)
- Rear Blind Spot Collision Avoidance Assist (BCA-R)
- Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM) (available)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)19
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Parking distance warning - forward (available) and reverse
- Surround View Monitor (SVM)20(usable)
- Highway Driving Assist (HDA)21(HDA 1.5 - standard; HDA 2.0 - optional)
- Spurfolge Assistant (LFA)
- Safe Presence Assist (SEA)22
Kia America - About Us
Irvine, California-based Kia of America continues to top vehicle quality surveys and is recognized as one of the top 100 global brands. Kia, the NBA's "Official Automobile Partner," sells a range of gasoline, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles through a network of nearly 750 U.S. dealerships, including several U.S.-assembled sedans and SUVs. For media information, including photography, seewww.kiamedia.com.To receive customized email alerts as soon as a press release is published, please subscribewww.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert。
- Downhill brake control is not a substitute for safe driving. Always drive safely and carefully.
- Distracted driving may cause loss of vehicle control. While operating a vehicle, never use vehicle systems that distract you from the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Best-in-class passenger compartment in a midsize SUV; competition specs sourced from manufacturer's website, March 22, 2022
- No system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driver errors and/or driving conditions. Always drive safely.
- Towing requires additional equipment. See the owner's manual for towing capacity information and other instructions and warnings. Be careful when towing.
- Any system, no matter how advanced, can compensate for all driving conditions. Always drive safely.
- WiFi hotspots require registration with Kia Connect. Trial or paid subscription data plan required. Wi-Fi hotspot service requires the vehicle's cellular connection and the availability of the vehicle's GPS signal. Some services may collect location information. WiFi hotspots are only available in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. WiFi hotspots may not work on 2022 model year and newer vehicles bought or sold in Massachusetts.
- Remote functionality requires a Kia Connect subscription, compatible smartphone and good cellular coverage. Regular mobile phone charges may apply. Do not use remote climate control or remote start when the vehicle is in an enclosed area (such as a closed garage) or an unventilated partially enclosed area. Close all doors leading from adjacent living areas to the vehicle area before executing remote climate control or remote start commands.
- Amazon devices are sold separately and require a wireless Internet connection. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Google devices are sold separately and require a WiFi Internet connection. Google, Google Assistant and all related logos are trademarks of Google, Inc.
- Harmon Kardon is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
- SiriusXM is a registered trademark of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
- CarPlay runs over your smartphone's cellular data service. Normal data rates apply. Apple and CarPlay are trademarks of Apple.com
- The charging system is only available for selected devices. See the owner's manual for warnings and instructions.
- The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG Inc. and any use of such marks by Kia is under license. A Bluetooth enabled device is required to use Bluetooth wireless technology.
- When rear passenger alert is activated, it will not replace your own attention and may not detect all motion in the vehicle. Always check the interior of your vehicle when you get out.
When activated, Driver Attention Warning is not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect all instances of driver drowsiness or inattentive driving behavior. Failure to pay attention to driving conditions and vehicle operation may result in loss of vehicle control. Always drive safely and carefully.
- Surround view monitors are not a substitute for safe driving and may not detect or display all objects around the vehicle. Always drive safely and carefully.
- When activated, Highway Assist is not a substitute for safe driving, may not detect all objects around the vehicle, and is only available on certain federal highways. Always drive safely and carefully.
While the exit warning function is active, it does not replace your own attention and may not detect all objects around the vehicle. Always be aware of traffic and the area around your vehicle when disembarking.